After much fundraising, the walk has finally arrived! So far, Team Katie has raised almost $7,000 for this year’s walk and we couldn’t have done it without your help!
The timing will be a bit different this year as we’ll be taking part in a “new for this year” opening ceremony within the bandshell area in advance of the walk! We should gather as a team in advance of the opening ceremonies so that we can cheer as a team and depart for the walk together as a team.
The opening ceremonies will start at 11am. So, everyone can sleep in a bit longer this Sunday. Instead of our usual meeting time of 9am on walk day, let’s plan to meet at 10am instead. That should give everyone time to register and for us to take a team picture before the 11am opening ceremonies. (and, a professional photographer will be on hand to take our team picture until 10:30am).
Also, the registration area has changed this year as well. Instead of registering by the front entrance, this year registration will take place toward the back of the main parking lot.
So… here are the logistics for this Sunday:
Date/Time to meet: 10am on Sunday May 29
Location: back of the main parking lot of Safari Niagara in Stevensville (link to Google map w/ directions)
For those with a paper map or GPS system, here’s the address:
2821 Stevensville Road
On walk day, make sure you bring:
- your “manage online donations” and “manage cash and cheque donations” printouts;
- your Great Strides t-shirt (if you have one from previous years) – we will not be getting new t-shirts this year;
- dress for the weather – the walk will proceed rain or shine;
Here’s the ballpark agenda for the day:
10am: Assemble as a team.
– submit your paperwork at the registration desk (each walker/family needs to register at the registration desk).
10:30am: Team picture.
11:00am: Meet as a team in the bandshell area for the opening ceremonies.
11:30am: Depart on the walk. It is recommended that we do the main loop of the park at this time, after which we come back to the bandshell and eat lunch.
12:30pm: Arrive back at bandshell for lunch. (After lunch and prizes (yes, there are prizes for top fundraisers!), we are free to go back out and enjoy the park again.)
– Last year, complimentary hot dogs & pop were provided.
– Bring your own drinks & snacks.
– For the kids: enjoy the clown & balloon animals (unfortunately, no bouncy castles (infection control concerns prevent them anymore) and no face painting this year (hopefully next year though)).
1pm: Awards ceremony – top fundraisers get prizes!
– stick around for this – in previous years, many Team Katie fundraisers received really nice prizes.
1:30pm: go back into the park and enjoy the rest of the exhibits.
To do in advance:
- If possible, keep track of your cash and cheque donations online so that this will go towards our Team Katie grand total (Click here to log in, then click on “Fundraising” in the left navigation bar on the page. Under your fundraising summary (left navigation bar) click on the “Manage Cash & Cheques” and follow the instructions);
- Print out your “manage online donations” and “manage cash and cheque donations” and bring them with you on walk day along with any cash & cheques that you have collected;
- Mark your submissions clearly with “Team Katie” to make sure they are reflected in our team’s total!
If you have questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to email or call us:
Home: (905) 563-7195
Julie cell: (905) 348-9169
Todd cell: (289) 439-0210
Thanks for your commitment to help us make CF mean Cure Found!
See all of you on Sunday!
Todd, Julie, Noah, Katie & Riley