After much fundraising, the walk has finally arrived! So far, Team Katie has raise over $15,000 for this year’s walk! Let’s see if we can surpass last year’s total of $17,078!
This Sunday is Great Strides and here are the logistics for this Sunday:
Date/Time to meet: 9am on Sunday May 25
Location: front entrance of Safari Niagara in Stevensville (link to Google map w/ directions)
For those with a paper map or GPS system, here’s the address:
2821 Stevensville Road
On walk day, make sure you bring:
- your “manage online donations” and “manage cash and cheque donations” printouts;
- your Great Strides t-shirt (if you have one from previous years) – we will not be getting new t-shirts this year;
- dress for the weather – the walk will proceed rain or shine;
Here’s the ballpark agenda for the day:
9am: Assemble as a team;
– get a team picture – here’s last year’s picture;
– submit your paperwork at the registration desk (each walker/family needs to register at the registration desk);
9:30am: Go our separate ways and enjoy the walk through the park;
11:30am: Meet as a team in the bandshell area (it’ll be marked) to eat lunch
– Last year, complimentary hot dogs & pop were provided;
– Bring your own drinks & snacks;
– For the kids: enjoy the bouncy castles, clown, balloon animals and face painting;
1pm: Awards ceremony – top fundraisers get prizes!
– stick around for this – in previous years, many Team Katie fundraisers received really nice prizes;
To do in advance:
- If possible, keep track of your cash and cheque donations online so that this will go towards our Team Katie grand total (Click here to log in, then click on “Fundraising” in the left navigation bar on the page. Under your fundraising summary (left navigation bar) click on the “Manage Cash & Cheques” and follow the instructions);
- Print out your “manage online donations” and “manage cash and cheque donations” and bring them with you on walk day along with any cash & cheques that you have collected;
- Mark your submissions clearly with “Team Katie” to make sure they are reflected in our team’s total!
If you have questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to email or call us:
Home: (905) 563-7195
Julie cell: (905) 348-9169
Todd cell: (905) 931-0945
Thanks for your commitment to help us make CF mean Cure Found!
See all of you on Sunday!
Todd, Julie, Noah, Katie & Riley