Here’s a PDF copy of this letter Please spread the word!
Dear business owner,
As you may know, our daughter Katie Dow is a 4 year old Beamsville resident with Cystic Fibrosis. Team Katie is the group of family, friends and co-workers that are rallying around Katie to help find a cure to for Cystic Fibrosis and we are looking for corporate donations for the 2011 Great Strides Walk.
Please consider sponsoring Team Katie in the 2011 Great Strides walk, which will be held on May 29 2011 at Safari Niagara in Stevensville.
The cause: Help find a cure for Cystic Fibrosis
The need: Cash donations. Donations of goods or services will be:
- Auctioned or sold and the proceeds donated as cash; and/or
- Awarded as incentive prizes to Team Katie and/or CF Niagara walkers;
Note: 100% of the proceeds from all cash and/or donations will go directly to Cystic Fibrosis Canada via Team Katie as part of our 2011 Great Strides fundraising.
The recipient: Cystic Fibrosis Canada (which is a registered Canadian charity)
The business benefits of sponsoring Team Katie:
- Support a local charity need;
- Encourage a local family;
- Great marketing opportunity;
Team Katie communicates directly with over 500 individuals, many of whom are located in the Niagara region. This includes family, friends, co-workers and other supporters of Team Katie. This group of people is passionate about this cause and they are acutely aware of (and supportive of) the help that is provided by other Team Katie sponsors, including you!
We use multiple avenues to communicate with Team Katie supporters, including, but not limited to, the following:
- 3000+ page views since September 2010
- 630 page views in April 2011 alone
Additional Social Media:
- Team Katie email distribution list = 250+ supporters, almost all of whom are located within Niagara.
- Facebook (Todd Dow): 450+ friends
- LinkedIn (Todd Dow): 250+ followers
- Twitter (toddhdow): 75+ followers
How your company will be recognized:
Walker level – for donations up to $500:
- Thank you notes will be sent via Team Katie social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) & blog (breathingasafamily.org)
- 1 year placement in sponsor area on breathingasafamily.org
- Special mention at end of Great Strides campaign thank you email and blog post to Team Katie distribution list
Runner level – for donations from $500 to $2,500:
- All of the Walker level benefits; plus
- “Runner” level sponsorship placement on breathingasafamily.org in the right side navigation area right below “Support Team Katie” from time of sponsorship until February 28 2012
- I’ll create a Facebook fan page for your business and advertise it to my network to help raise your company profile
Marathoner level – for donations over $2,500:
- All of the Runner level benefits; plus
- “Marathoner” premium sponsorship placement on the header (top of the page beside the site logo) of breathingasafamily.org
- “Marathoner” premium sponsorship placement on all emails that are sent on behalf of Team Katie and Breathing As A Family from time of sponsorship until February 28 2012
If you are interested in donating $7,500 or more, please contact me directly. I’ll find a creative way to make that size of a donation worth your while (all of the above, plus web marketing consulting, website design, etc.) Trust me, it will be money well spent!
To support Team Katie:
- Sponsor Team Katie directly by clicking on the “Click here to donate to Team Katie” link on http://breatuingasafamily.org/ (under “Support Team Katie” at top right of the site);
- Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call (905.563.7195) Todd or Julie Dow directly to discuss additional donation options;
Thank you for your support,
Todd, Julie, Noah, Katie & Riley Dow